This is a flexible file upload plugin that allows the user to upload files to it to the server with visual feedback of the upload status via a progress bar. This plugin allows the administrator to specify a destination folder, the design of the front end uploader, and an email notification of the successful upload. You can even have multiple plugins on the same page.
As of version 4.0 the plugin is no longer solely based on SWFUpload 184.108.40.206 for providing upload
- 4 ways to upload files, including 'Drag n Drop, File Input, and via a text link
- Upload files to a specified folder path from the joomla root directory.
- Specify the maximum file size permitted to be uploaded. This value can vary for each instance of the plugin on the page.
- Specify the types of files, by extension and by MIME type, that are permitted.
- Customize the upload label and submit button texts.
- Customize the queue control buttons via css
- Specify the color and size of the progress bar to match your theme
- Customize the overall styles via css to match your theme
- Specify whether to replace existing files on upload
- Default parameters are specified in the Plugin Manager instance
- Every parameter can be uniquely customized for each instance of the plugin on the same article page.
- Optionally, send an email notification of all successful uploads to a specified email address
- Plugin Manager colors available through custom Color Picker
- Option to save files in username subfolders
- Displays MIME Detection Compatibility in Plugin Manager
- Layout Themes Available for selection
- English and Spanish Language Files available
According to Adobe, Flash Player will reach End-of-Life on December 31, 2020. After this date, there will be no support for Flash in web applications or browsers. Originally, Easy Flash Uploader was created uwing SWFUpload 220.127.116.11, which is a Flash-based uploap progress manager. As of version 4.0 of Easy Flash Uploader, SWFUpload will no longer be the main upload engine. And upon the release of version 5.0, SWFUpload will be completely removed.
Version 4.0 was designed to be used seamlessly in place of previous versions. It has various improvements compared to previous versions, which includes:
- multiple recipients for email notification
- full CSS customization
- Drag n Drop uploading
Only two previous features were not implemented in Version 4.0:
- maximum upload limit
- queue limit
If you have installed version 2.0 or earlier, please update to latest version, because
it fixes a security vulnerability in earlier versions. For those with 2.0, just go to your order history and
download the latest version.
Version 4.0 only supports Joomla 3.9+. Earlier versions of Joomla are no longer supported.
Changes in version 4.2:
Released: May 19, 2021
- Added full Updater support
Changes in version 4.1.2:
Released: April 13, 2021
- Added French transalation files
Changes in version 4.1:
Released: March 26, 2021
- Clean up field names
- Add the ability to upload to choice of subfolder
- Updated all the Copyright Notices to include 2021
Changes in version 4.0.1:
Released: December 1, 2020
- Fixed issue with language localization of status and email notification
What's New in Version 4.0
- Added HTML5 AJAX Progressive Upload
- Automatic creation of user-based folders
- Can email notification to multiple recipients
- Removed MooRainbow Color Picker
- No longer recognize pipe character to separate shortcode attributes
Changes in version 3.1:
Released: March 7, 2014
- Compatible with Joomla 3.2
- Fixed issue with multiple tags in one article
Changes in version 3.0:
Released: August 12, 2013
- Added option for guest upload folder
- Added all translatable text to INI file
- Removed Translatable Text from Plugins Manager
- Removed Compatibility with Unsupported Joomla versions 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
What's New in version 2.1.5:
Released: June 15, 2012
- Fixed security vulnerability of helper file
- Changed installation method from new to upgrade
Changes in version 2.1:
Released: February 14, 2012
- Fixed security vulnerability of helper file
What's New in version 2.0:
Released: June 13, 2012
- Compatible with Joomla 2.5
- Tweaked CSS themes
- Added Translatable Text section
- Compensated for whitespace in mime types list
- Added Button Sprite Selector
- Added Translations
- Added Themes CSS Selector
- Changed to MooRainbow Color Picker
Please feel free to check out the demo of the plugin at my demo site.
This plugin is designed to work on PHP 7.3+. If you have an earler version of
PHP, it should still work but, you may encounter issues with detecting the MIME
type of the uploaded file. This depends on your server setup, as it should work
fine if PHP is allowed to call the exec function. Check out the
for further details and considerations.
Feel free to visit my support site.