The Code Helper Plugin is a companion plugin to the Easy Folder Listing Pro version 3.0 extension. It works in conjuction with the component and content plugin that both make up the extension. It is a convenience plugin that facilitates ease of use in the creation of the Easy Folder Listing Pro shortcode. This documentation provides the user with an explanation of hwo to enable and use the code helper plugin.
Code Helper Notice
When you go to the Easy Folder Listing Pro Dashboard, you may see a notice that informs you of the status of all companion extensions. If you see a notice for the Code Helper, then you will need to enable it in the Plugins Manager.
Enable in Plugins Manager
- Navigate to the Plugin Manager
- Filter the view to display 'editor-xtd' plugins
- Click on the 'Enable Plugin' button for 'Easy Folder Listing Pro Companion Code Helper Plugin'
- The 'Enable Plugin' button will change from a red cross to a green check.
Code Helper Button
- Go to the Article Manager and create or edit an article
- You will now notice at the bottom of the article editor that there is an 'Easy Listing' button
Code Helper Dialog
- After clicking the 'Easy Listing' button, the code helper dialog will appear in a modal pop-up
- You can select the Profile you wish to use as the default settings for the listing
- Every other override option is disabled by default. If you want to specify a particular option that may be different from what it in the profile, you can enable it by selecting its checkbox.
- After you select that option, you may specify its override option value.
- Click 'Insert' to generate the custom shortcode and place it in the cursor's position in the article
- Select 'Select All' To enable all the options. Please note that this is not necessary unless you intend to have a custom value for each of the 64+ options. It is just present as a convenience.
- To close the dialog without inserting the shortcode, just click the 'x' icon in the top right had corner of the modal.
The generated shortcode will be inserted into the article, based on your selections. You may edited this shortcode directly, or delete it and create a new one, as needed.