The Easy Folder Listing Pro 3.0 Companion Content plugin is the heart of the extension. Without this content plugin, no listings will be rendered. It is needed to display all listings, and it even needed for the conpanion module to work.
In previous versions, all the parameters were configured in the plugin. However, as of version 3.0, all the options are configured in the component administration. As such, most of the documentation regarding configuring the extension is accessed via the help icons in the component views.
Content Plugin Notice
When you go to the Easy Folder Listing Pro Dashboard, you may see a notice that informs you of the status of all companion extensions. If you see a notice for the Content Plugin, then you will need to enable it in the Plugins Manager.
Enable in Plugins Manager
- Navigate to the Plugin Manager
- Filter the view to display 'listing' plugins
- Click on the 'Enable Plugin' button for 'Easy Folder Listing Pro Companion Content Plugin'
- The 'Enable Plugin' button will change from a red cross to a green check.
- Once enabled, click on the plugin name in the Plugin Manager to go to its properties
- Different from previous versions of the plugin, there are only 2 parameters here.
- The first parameter gives the option to choose the profile to be used as the base for all listings. After initial installation, only the 'Default' profile will be displayed. However, as you create more profiles, these will become available to choose from in the drop down list.
- Second is a link that goes directly to the component Dashboard. From the Dashboard you can go to Profiles and create new profiles. If you ever need assistance in understanding profiles, just click on the 'Help' icon avaiable in that view.
- Please Note: All the functionality and options for the extension are located and configured in the profiles.